Thursday, August 21, 2008

What of woodworking when the sabbatical is over?

As my sabbatical draws to a close I need to decide what to do with the wood that needs storing away and what to do about continuing to do some woodwork within the confines of my normal schedule. It would be sad indeed to have to wait another 7 years before getting the tools out again.

The problem is that woodwork is not the only thing I need to fit into the hours when I'm not working. I love to walk and I like to swim and do a little exercise at the gym. Then there's time with Anne and household jobs that need doing. 

So it will be hard, but with a few goals in mind and a few projects on the drawing board, maybe I'll be able to keep doing a little here and there.

Before I get back into work, I hope to make a linen basket for Ally to take to university and maybe a box for the "household" toolkit. Just before we moved to Cotton End, I came across a neat little collection of useful tools at B&Q for a very good price. The tools have served us well but the carry case is falling apart. 

You'd think with all the tools I've got already, another set would seem ridiculous, but these tools sit in the kitchen by the boiler and mean that you don't have to go out to the shed to get a screwdriver or hammer when you need one for a quick job.

No comments: