Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Weather and waiting

It's raining again! 

I don't remember having two consecutive days without rain so far this summer. I'm sure we have had them, but I haven't noticed. It is so frustrating when you need the better weather in order to get outside to complete a project. I might even clear some space in the garage!

You might be wondering why I don't use the garage as a workshop, I have thought about it. But the problem is that there is no power in it, it's a long way from the house and too near someone else's home (the noise of power tools would probably get a little irritating for them). I'd have to take all my tools with me and then bring them back each time too. So it's not really very well positioned to be the kind of place you can just go an do a few things.

So it's a waiting game, hoping the weather will relent and I'll get to finish the blanket box.

Meanwhile, I need to get my head back around the autumn plan for church. I need to plan readings and develop the outline for the Sunday programme. I also ought to give some thought to what needs to change in order to move forward with the vision. 

No comments: