Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The blanket box is finished!


Here's the completed blanket box.

I made a few changes as I went along compared to my original drawing. The top is made from a piece of furniture board, readily available at many DIY stores. Given that it already had a slight chamfer to the edge, I decided not to add a edge to it, but leave it as it was and simply hand chamfered the cut ends.

The plinth has a hand planed chamfer rather than a routed profile. This is in keeping with the overall simplicity of the shape. Had I added a profile to the rails, I would probably have followed a similar profile of the plinth.

The finish is "rustic pine" wax, again available either online or through a DIY store (Homebase in my case).

1 comment:

Chatty Ali said...

Looks very nice, congratulations on getting the project finished.