Saturday, June 07, 2008

Multiple Macs

I've just taken the plunge and ordered a nice shiny iMac for my desk. I love my Macbook, but I find the screen a little small and my neck aches when I sit at the desk to use it for long periods. I know there are various solutions, none of which are as expensive as putting a 20" iMac on the desk, but having only the one computer makes me feel vulnerable having had laptops and desktops with which to work for some time.

The problems in the past, with older Windows based technology, was how to keep stuff synchronised between the desktop and the laptop. Now with Leopard and .Mac some of that has been solved, but I'm not sure everything has been solved and was wondering what other Mac users have tried to keep files synchronised between their Macs. I know that my friend Andy White blogged about Chronosync some time ago, but what else do people find helpful?

No comments: