Thursday, June 12, 2008

50,000 shirts

I was having a quick look at fiftythousandshirts this morning to how the project was going. Over 500 people have already signed up to buy a t-shirt, yours truly is #501 and a couple of friends from church are in the 550's.

They need to reach 2001 before they can start printing. So, if you were thinking about signing up and haven't got around to it, then let me encourage you to visit the site and pledge your support. The sooner they reach 2001, the sooner people will begin to see the shirts and hopefully that will give the idea a bigger profile.

Why did I do it? Well I could just have written a cheque or made a credit card donation via a charity or some other vehicle. But I thought this was a really innovative idea and I wanted to encourage Steve's imagination. I may never meet him, but there's something about the simplicity of his plan that appeals to me. That's why I've chosen to add our names to the wall and pay the international shipping to support this project.

No comments: