Monday, June 02, 2008

Early Days

So, as of yesterday, I am officially on sabbatical. It’s going to take a little getting used to! Sunday was a strange day. Anne and I went off to church about 20 minutes away from home. We had a good time, but oh did it feel strange. I even found myself preparing mentally what I would say in case I got asked to share something!

I realised that as of 10:25am yesterday, being part of a congregation is actually well outside my comfort zone. I guess that is to be expected after so many years of actively being involved in preparing and delivering worship. 

When we got home, we chose to eat together and not join everyone else at the fellowship lunch. Again a strange experience for both of us. It took a measure of restraint not to go and find out how things had gone in our absence.

Today has been a quite ay of relaxing a little, doing a little personal administration, and generally trying to wind down into being on sabbatical. Sadly the weather is pretty awful for June, so getting to work in the garden wasn’t possible. Maybe tomorrow will be better. I’ve amused myself by doing a few drawings of one or two things to make before I get to work on the furniture projects I have in mind.

No comments: