Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Decorating can be bad for your health!

So, I decided to keep my promise to Anne and start decorating the bathroom yesterday. The wonderful thing about a sabbatical is that you have the time to yourself to do the jobs you've been ignoring for way too long. It must be at least two years, maybe three, since the bathroom was refitted and painting is way overdue. 

The only problem is that as I turned over in bed at 4:00am this morning, I pulled a muscle in my neck! Ah well, a day's rest and a massage should sort that out, and the painting can restart tomorrow. I actually like decorating but when it's business as usual in ministry, there's hardly ever the time to get everything out and enjoy the smooth rhythm of painting.

During a break I listened to another podcast from the Conversational Evangelism Conference. I really wished I could have been at the original event. From what I've heard so far in the podcasts, it would have been worth the flight and time to get there. There's another chance in September, but given I'll only just have returned to church after my sabbatical, it might not be possible to make that one either. Maybe we'll get a CE conference in the UK one day!

1 comment:

Phil St said...

Hmm, can't comment on the decorating but would love you to post the link for the CE podcasts you're listening too...maybe we should apporach whoever coordinates these kind of things for soemthing here in the UK? Anyway enjoy your rest and massage!