Thursday, June 18, 2009

Tool Chest Project (update 4)

Not much to report. I still need to decide what I'm going to do about the "tote" that goes in the back of the tool chest. I'm considering a sort of parts case of some sort, but then again, a simple tote for screwdrivers and bits and pieces that you don't want to go searching in the drawers for might be a good idea.

The thing is, I haven't actually decided if this is a workshop caddy or a portable tool chest. It's a bit on the heavy side for lugging around, and when it's got tools in it, it will obviously be even heavier!

It looks quite nice sitting on top of my router table cabinet, so maybe it will become a workshop cabinet for chisels and other things. So that begs the question, what would go in a tote for a workshop tool chest? Hmm. The metaphysical conundrums of woodworking!

The finish is yacht varnish, just two coats has produced quite a nice surface.

No comments: