Sunday, June 07, 2009

Interesting opportunities

A couple of interesting opportunities have come my way recently. Next weekend I'm taking part in a nearby church's weekend away, except they are not going anywhere! 

I've been asked to take a session on the Saturday morning looking at the church and the need for change, and then to preach on the Sunday morning as a follow-up to the Saturday.

The other opportunity came about through a conversation at a CWR event in March. I've been invited to do a training day about pastoral care and about the health-check document I introduced to the church last year. In fact it's time to do the check again, which I hope we will do in a couple of weeks time.

So, I'm rather looking forward to doing these things. It will be different and a challenge too. But then what's life without a challenge?

No comments: