Friday, June 05, 2009

Acts 2 Church

You may have heard the phrase "Building an Acts 2 church" from time to time, especially if you have been around any Willow Creek events, but I'm not sure I've ever heard a succinct definition of what it means. I'm sure I've heard lots about it, but over the years it gets muddied by lots of other things.

So I was really pleased to hear Bill Hybels do a four phrase synopsis of what and Acts 2 church is all about. Here's a precis of what he said.

An Acts 2 church is about:

  • Helping people far from God find faith
  • Growing believers into fully devoted followers of Jesus
  • Developing a Biblical community
  • Carrying a servant towel

So there you go. I think it's a really helpful description of the purpose of church, it might even make it to my wall!

No comments: