Sunday, June 07, 2009

Leaving Bedford

This morning at church we made the announcement that we are leaving Bedford. It was an emotional time as I shared with the church how God has called us to a new setting. We've been here for 8 years and we love living here and being involved in local church life and local community life too. 

The anatomy of moving church in Baptist circles can be quite a long process, but God has once again be gracious to us and what began in January came to its conclusion last week with an invitation to become the pastor at Upminster Baptist Church. I've wanted to blog bout the spiritual process, but I haven't been able to do that because of the circumstances that surround moving.

I may look back through my journal and see if there is anything worthy of posting, if only to let you see the process from the inside. As it is, I can at least begin to blog about preparing to move and how we handle moving etc.

So a new chapter opens up. I'd have happily stayed in Bedf0rd until retirement, but it wasn't to be. Perhaps we'll come back in 13 years time when I reach 65!!

No comments: