Thursday, July 02, 2009

When no one sees

The most important thing is not that people know the truth [about you or why you've done what you have done]. The most important thing is that you are a person of integrity before God. When no one seems to understand why you have done something or when other question whether you have done all you should have done, you confidence should not be in the hope of vindication in the eyes of others. It should be in the knowledge that God keeps you in his sight.

From Experiencing God, July 2nd

There have been times when this has been the only thing I've had left, that God knows me intimately and understands me fully. When people question me and my motives, I turn to God and ask him if there is anything with which I need to deal.

I live and serve the audience of one.

No comments: