Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The copier saga continues

Well the story of my photocopier goes on. I'm still making 'phone calls and I'm still not getting the copier fixed. Yesterday I did two things. First I called the company again and second I spent an hour looking for the firmware on the internet to no avail. Can it be any more complicated than installing a printer driver? Can it not be made "doable" in this way? Some big companies just seem to make things more difficult than they need to be. I suspect that once an engineer comes it will be a very short visit, if only they will come.

The telephone conversation was an interesting exchange. Calmly I explained one again the problem. Apparently although the internet is awash with people suffering the same issue, particularly with Canon products, it's very rare to everyone in the copier supply industry. That aside, I do feel as though we're getting somewhere even if that has more to do with hope that anything else.

What was interesting to me was both the honesty of the person to whom I spoke and their appreciation of my situation. They even thanked me for being gracious. Of course if this doesn't precipitate action, then the promises are empty and the expression of thanks meaningless. But let's hope that graciousness pays dividends and that I'm not simply being fobbed off with excuses.

We will wait and see what happens.

No comments: