Thursday, July 02, 2009

Tool Chest Project finished!

Well it's almost finished. There are some fittings for the drawers that I'm thinking of making, but generally speaking the major construction bit is done.

The tote needs a finish on it, but apart from that I think we can call it done. It's certainly ready for use in some way or another.

On reflection it's been a good project. Quite a few different things to learn. I'd certainly consider making another one, but not all from plywood.

I've learnt some useful things about making simple drawers, which is helpful for a project I have in mind for the new house when we move. And I've also had some ideas for making a rolling cabinet for power tools that could be the base station on which this tool chest sits.

So, it's back to the drawing board to sketch out a few ideas.

No comments: