Sunday, February 10, 2008

Book Club rules!

Thank you Colin for wanting to join the Book Club. The rules (so-to-speak) are very simple:

1. Read the book over the course of the next few weeks. 

2. Post some thoughts and reflections.

This is the tricky bit, exactly how to do the reflecting via a blog.

Maybe the simplest way is for me to post some thoughts and then for others to post comments to that post. I might then take the comments thread and turn it into a post, we'll see how we go.

If anyone has experience of running a reading group via the web, let us know how you did it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

what book?

Richard said...

3:16 The Numbers of Hope by Max Lucado Sorry, should have pointed to a previous post about the plan!

Colin said...

OK...well I'll try and see if this works...as I read I'll aim to post some thoughts on my own blog (now that I've started afresh with my blog with the view of it not being a completely private space).

I'm using a "book club" label/tag...which means all the posts can be found on one page. Then if others sign up to join us online perhaps we could create a post with links to the each of the lists.

Here's my own link:-
PearlandCrown Book club

Anonymous said...

When are you guys starting, etc.?

Richard said...

The club at church started last week, although I've not picked up the book yet, and I only gave them out on Sunday!

So, my plan is to start reading this week.