Sunday, June 06, 2010

When celebrity is good

If I'm really honest I don't generally give much thought to celebrities. Being famous for being famous or being famous for knowing someone famous never seems to be much of a career. True there are those who achieve celebrity stays because of gifts and skills they've developed and used to their advantage.

But I'm watching a bit of Soccer Aid, and I must say that here is a good use of celebrity status.

Perhaps a social scientist would be able to tell us if Band Aid was a turning point. Was this when celebrities came of age and realised they could do something that would make a difference in the world?

Who knows, but the 70,000 in the crowd are having a good time, the two teams are having fun and money is being raised. All power to the collective elbow of the celebrities who are taking part and to the footballers involved.

Or should that be collective foot!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: