Wednesday, March 10, 2010

March 10th: Phil. 1:4

In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy

It's not rocket science to see what gives Paul great joy: Partnership in the gospel, a shared experience of grace and confidence in God's ongoing redemptive work in the lives of others. But wait a second, let's rewind for a minute.

When I pray for others, particularly other Christians do I look for such shared experience or such signs of God's work that it give rise to joy? Perhaps, if we learnt to celebrate a bit more, we would more naturally see these things. But I do think it's also a choice we make.

So maybe the lesson from Paul is a simple one, the next time you pray for fellow Christians, begin by giving thanks that we are on the same team, that we share a common purpose and that God is at work in all of us.

No comments: