Thursday, December 31, 2009

Is it Monday?

I don't know if it will help, but on the back of my previous entry about journal writing, here's an extract from 2009:

Monday 2nd March '09

Is Sunday or Monday the first day of the week? I know technically it's Sunday, but it always feels like Monday. Perhaps this is because we build up to Sunday. It is the high point. This makes it feel like the end of the week more than the start.

Odd really, because in many ways we are trying to launch ourselves into a new week. Do we come (to Sunday) with all the burdens of a week gone that we have no room, no energy for the opportunities of a new week beginning?

"Lord, I offer up my week to you before it's all used up. There are jobs to be done, sermons to write and things to plan. But before I get too busy, here I am. I give myself again for your purposes. I look not for the grand opportunities but for the simple ways I can serve you. Open my eyes to see where you are at work and show me how I can be part of your big plan."

No comments: