Sunday, October 18, 2009

The power of stories (2)

On Monday morning I was waiting for a fellow local church leader to arrive for a meeting we'd scheduled. As I sat waiting I wrote a post about the power of stories. I lamented the fact that I had no stories to tell, and promptly forgot all about until an incident at the end of the week.

On Friday I was having yet another meeting with a local church leader. As we walked back to the church after having a drink in a local coffee shop, we met a couple from overseas who were looking for a pharmacy. We walked them to the shop and chatted along the way. Nothing stunning about that, but it certainly could not have happened had we had our meeting in the safety of the church building.

And so, by the simple principle of leaving the building I made myself available for the chance encounter that came my way.

No comments: