Thursday, October 08, 2009

On home

Having moved again recently, the question of where do you call home came to mind. God has been gracious to me and it's never really been something that I've thought about. However something got me thinking and I wondered how we define "home".

The other day I came across a family via the TV who had sold everything, or stored it, in order to take a year off and travel the world. Where did they call home? Did they still think of the town in America from which they had come as home or did home take on a new meaning for that year? Where do nomadic people call home? Is home wherever the tent is pitched, or is home the land in which you live.

For Abraham, I preached about Abraham on Sunday, home was where God said it would be.

Perhaps, as we go through life, we have more than one place to call home. Maybe home is a place of significance not a residential address with a postcode.

No comments: