Thursday, October 08, 2009

Mighty Mouse is not so mighty!

As most Mac users of the famous, or rather infamous "mighty mouse" will know, the scroll wheel clogs up and stops working after a while. Having finally decided that mine had probably broken down and would need replacing, I thought I'd see if there were any alternatives.

It was then that I came across this simple technique for cleaning the scroll button that I thought I'd pass on in case it's helpful to anyone else.

1. Disconnect the mouse
2. Turn it over and run the wheel in all directions on a blank, clean piece of paper (I pressed down on the mouse as I did this).
3. Do this for about 60 seconds
4. Reconnect the mouse.

And it actually worked. My mouse is scrolling nicely once again.

Thanks to the reviewer on the Applestore site that included this tip. It's saved me £34 that can go towards getting another Airport Express or two!!

No comments: