Monday, September 28, 2009

The big day looms!

So, on Saturday I will be inducted into my new church. It's an odd event. Like most people I know in ministry, and contrary to popular belief, I don't like being the centre of attention. But, having said that, it is an important part of the life-cycle of ministry.

Being me, I've edited the words of the induction. They are not sacred and so I don't feel at all worried about changing things. For example I've included in the church's responsibilities the challenge to share in discovering God's vision and I've used the language of being partners with God in his mission. The other thing I've decided to do is to move off the platform for the act of induction and stand among the congregation as far as we can. I suspect we will be in the aisle, there's nowhere else to go, but I want this to be a part of what we do as a family together not as professionals on the platform with every one else looking on and up.

So, if you are coming on Saturday, I'll see you there an I look forward to your contribution to our celebration!

No comments: