Thursday, September 17, 2009

Study or office then?

So here I am, sitting in my new study at home watching the occasional learner driver reverse around the corner opposite, and wondering quite where all my books are going to go. It's what you might call a compact space but it will be fine. Some of my books will go into my church study/office. So, in effect I will have more space than I've ever had.

Having a study/office at church (I still haven't decided what I will call it-more of that later maybe) is a new thing for me. I'm quite looking forward to being able to go into church in the mornings and work. I had an office at Winthorpe Road (my first church along with Collingham), but since then I've always tended to work from home. In Bedford of course home and church were on the same site, but then I didn't have a church based study or office.

So, should it be a study or an office? I prefer study because of the obvious nature of ministry. Well obvious to me anyway! It's not a job, it's something else. And it's quite hard to explain exactly what else it actually is!

I suppose the point is that it doesn't really matter what it's called. If people want to call it my office, that's okay, if I choose to call it my church study, then that's my preference and the world won't stop turning because of it. I won't be doing all my "work" in either place, and that means that the house can be home, maybe more so than when we were living on the same site. It will be an interesting journey of discovery I'm sure.

No comments: