Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Was it me he was talking about?

I've taken to using my MacBook as a notebook in seminars and talks. The only problem is that it does get noticed. I can't believe that David and I were the only two people in the whole of the Big Top taking notes directly to our computers, but apparently we might have been. Perhaps it's the glowing Apple motif that gives us away. At any rate there was a reference to those folks over there (pointing in our direction!) who are Googling away. And today we had our own bit of fun with Ally, David and I sitting in a row with Macs open and ready!

To give you an idea of how useful using the MacBook can be, I was in a seminar the other day and wanted to add a copy of a small (A6) handout to my notes. Quickly I used the built-in camera to take a picture, which I then edited in iPhoto and flipped the right way around and then dragged it into my notebook application. All very neat, all very easy.

So it has to be said that whilst I could just take hand written notes, and I do take notes like that, the MacBook is a really great tool.

Spring Harvest is about at an end. One last celebration evening and then the final morning. We'll pack up and get off after breakfast. There will be a pile of post to deal with and Easter Sunday is just around the corner.

Spring Harvest is not as significant an event for me as the Global Leadership Summit, but it's still a valuable time and I'm sure it continues to inspire many Christians to continue to live out their lives for the glory of God.

No comments: