Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Mobile email

I've been using my mobile broadband connection while away at Spring Harvest only to discover that I can't use email. Well, that's not quite true. I can receive email and I can use my web based email, googlemail and probably my Tiscali account if I signed into the site.

I'd like to be able to use my ordinary email but I've just discovered that I need to change the outgoing mail server and port. Not a thing I want to do every time I'm away from home. So, I tried to create an account with the outgoing email settings but Mail didn't like me creating a fake account.

The thing is that you can tell mail to use any available server, so it would be nice just to add the mobile server to the list, but I can't find a way to do that without changing everything else.

If I find a solution I'll post it, but if you know of one, please tell me. It would be much appreciated!

No comments: