Saturday, April 18, 2009

Sponsorship with a difference

Can I point to an organisation that I think is quite innovative when it comes to the idea of sponsorship?

 I remember hearing about the early beginnings of Smile International from Clive himself. I go to know him through connections in my first pastoral setting in Newark, Nottinghamshire.

From those early days the organisation has grown and now works in a wide range of countries. 

Whilst Smile isn't the only organisation to offer the opportunity to sponsor children (Compassion, World Vision, Action Aid to name three I know), I don't know of any other organisation that offers the opportunity to sponsor a widow or a pastor. There probably are organisations out there doing this, but if you already sponsor a child and want to do something different, why not visit Smile International's website and download the widow and/or pastor sponsorship forms.

Someone, somewhere will be glad you did!

No comments: