Thursday, April 16, 2009

All in one place

If you're interested in mind mapping then you might be interested in a new resource that pulls together many of the blogs that are out there about Tony Buzan's creative concept for mapping ideas.

Alltop is an "online magazine rack of popular topics" and there is a page just for mind mapping junkies.

I like mind maps, but I tend not to follow the strict rules as laid down by Buzan. I use them to outline sermons and ideas, to map organisations and ministries and to dump stuff out of my head. I've used a few software packages, but the problem with these is often that it takes more effort to create the map you need than it does if you just grab a sketch book and a pen. In fact I have one notebook dedicated to mapping. 

Years ago you used to be able to buy a notebook that alternated plain pages and lined pages. If I could find an A4 spiral bound version of that notebook today, I'd buy them in bulk! Mind map on one side, outline on the other. Personally the best of both worlds! 

I feel the thread of another series of posts coming on... 

2 comments:

Paul A Telling said...

What a great post! love the new site and it is like a massive mindmap on mindmapping. Been looking for a resource like this and now you have found it!

Thankyou

Paul Telling
Creative Communications Creator and Graphic Facilitator
Pauls SiteVisualise and Monetise!

Richard said...

I can't take all the credit. The link popped up on a mind mapping blog I follow, but I do remember coming across All Top some time ago.