Thursday, March 05, 2009

Introducing Amar Sagoo

I don't actually know Amar Sagoo but I do know Tofu, his ingenious little application that lets you read text in columns. I downloaded it a few days ago and really like it (see my quick post about it.) 

In the comments I noted that Tofu doesn't support Pages documents or Scrivener, two applications I use a lot. There is a solution to this problem because you can copy text and drag it onto the Tofu icon, thus opening it in columns. you can do the same for long blog posts or web pages.

But that's not all Amar has produced. If you visit his website you will find some other interesting little applications. There's Deep Notes ( a simple outliner/note taking application), Cambio (a unit converter for iPhone/ iPod Touch), Licensed ( a place to store all your software licence information), to name three. And they are all free although you can make a donation.

So, not only will it cost you nothing to visit the site, it won't cost you a penny to try out his applications. and if Tofu is anything to go by, I think the others should be rather good too!

No comments: