Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Twitter Gadgets

I mentioned a while ago that Ally had got me Twittering or rather tweeting as I believe it's called. In the early days it was a bit of a hassle to keep the thing updated and even now most of my tweets are about what I've just done rather than what I'm currently occupied doing. Still tweeting has been made easier by adding two gadgets to my library.

First there is Twidget a dashboard widget for Mac. You can download it here. It has a simple interface and sits quietly on your dashboard making tweeting simple and quick. 

The only comment I would make is that your status only changes when you tweet from Twidget or force it to update using the refresh button. Apart from that I've had no problems at all.


The second gadget is for my Google homepage. It's called Betwittered and you can add it to your personalised homepage in the usual way.

Like Twidget it enable you to tweet without having to connect to the Twitter site.

So now I can tweet from almost anywhere without having constantly to sign in to the website to do it. 

I'm not sure if this is life transforming in any way, but it's a little bit of fun.

2 comments:

Trevor Coultart said...

I almost always update my twitter status by text. Really can do it from anywhere that way!

Richard said...

Hi Trevor,

I should have mentioned text as an alternative but I was thinking about easy access when I'm at my desk or MacBook.