Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Christians don't apologise like this

I'm angry.

I'm angry because I got an email today that outraged me. It did so because of the complete lack of grace and the schoolboy-like tactics of the content.

What got me so angry you might ask? It was an email from Christian Voice. 

At first I thought it was a joke, a bad joke. I'm not aware of being on their mailing list, so I thought this was someone else farming emails and sending out a spoof message. I was wrong, apparently, because I took a look at their website and discovered it was real.

The email concerned a so-called apology to Richard Dawkins the well-known scientist who is venomously anti-Christian. But no matter how much he reviles the church and Christian faith, that is no excuse for the appalling diatribe that is the Christian voice website and it's response to him. The ridicule and cheap point scoring has no place in a faith built upon grace.

If this is the Christian voice then it's a voice with which I do not wish to be associated. It certainly is not this Christian's voice.

How exactly does this kind of presentation of a Christian position, I use the term lightly, help the cause of Christ? Personally I don't how it can or ever could, and I just wonder what sadness it causes in heaven that those who claim the name of Christ would behave in such a distasteful manner.

If this is a Christian voice then it's the voice of an adolescent who has much to learn about about the true heart of God.

If you want to see what's got me so hot under the collar this is the link: CV to apologise

No comments: