Saturday, September 06, 2008

Another project

I started a new woodworking project today. With the on/off rain, the visiting in-laws and the return to the fray of ministry life, I will have to plan my projects and use the time I have as wisely as I can. This means that it will take longer to make things, but maybe it will be more satisfying, especially if I do them well.

So my new project is an adaptation of a tool chest I saw in Practical Woodworking earlier this year. The original was made from oak, but I thought I could probably make something similar using the 12mm hardwood ply I have left from other things.

It has a series of draws and parts trays that fold out and lift out. There is a carry tote that is used to lock the draws when it's down.

Today I used my sawboard to prepare the major components ready for some dovetailing next week. 

I'll post a few pictures as I go and when I take some. For now it's just about making sure I don't just stop doing anything at all.

No comments: