Wednesday, September 17, 2008

More Apologies

After getting so worked up over the email I received about Christian Voice Apologises to Richard Dawkins, I wrote to the author to express my concerns. Rather unexpectedly I got a very gracious reply and, although I still don't think the original piece was in good taste or particularly gracious, I do have to commend the author for his response to my concerns.

He could simply have dismissed me as failing to understand the intended parody and satire of his piece (actually I readily recognised those aspects, but it still didn't sit comfortably with me.) He could have dismissed me as a deviant evangelical who doesn't understand the role of the prophetic voice.

But he didn't. 

And for that I'm grateful. If Christians can't disagree and yet share a sense of blessing towards each other, no mater how different they might see things, then how are we to express the grace of God to a world than runs so contrary to his purposes and desires?

There is grace and forgiveness, mercy and healing, He'll meet you wherever you are. as Third Day are singing as I write this post (Cry out to Jesus from Wherever you are)

No comments: