Friday, September 05, 2008

Back at the desk

Just to prove I'm back at my desk... honestly this is really me sitting at my desk.

I actually took this picture using the built-in camera on the iMac, a nice little feature. Anne, Ally and I will use the iChat video conferencing feature to keep in touch when she's away at University.

Back to work. It was interesting that over the sabbatical I let all the paperwork just pile up, only paying attention to stuff that really needed it like bank statements and credit card accounts. But I did put everything, more or less, in my inbox. So, on Sunday evening I took out the box , which was overflowing with stuff by now, and within 30 minutes I had it down to an organised pile which then got filtered into files and the tickler file. 

I was most impressed that it took so little time to recapture everything. 

If you've fallen off the organisational wagon, then let this be an encouragement, with a little effort it's fairly painless to climb back on. The only proviso is that you don't spend your time blaming yourself and/or others for becoming disorganised again. Simply set your mind to recapturing things.

Personally I still have a long, long road to travel in the organisation world, but I'm going to persevere because, as L'Oreal might say, "I'm worth it!"

1 comment:

Scott Linklater said...

a summary of lessons or insights from the sabbatical?

Scott in Vegas
http://www.newchurchreport.com - New Church Report
http://cells-twelves.blogspot.com - Expectation Blog