Monday, May 05, 2008

Building the Tabernacle

So, in order to try and help everyone at church get a sense of the scale of the Tabernacle, I built a very simple model and also set out the courtyard and Tabernacle very simply in our field. We are very fortunate to have such a large site, and it worked far better than I expected. We all trooped outside part-way through the morning celebration to walk through the full-sized layout.

I also used my video camera connected to the data projector to show the congregation my model.

Here are a few pictures:

The model was made to a scale of 1cm=1m




Outside, we used a simple bamboo cane and line construction to show the dimensions of the various parts of the courtyard and the Tabernacle.

In Sunday School (Stepping Stones), they'd made an ark, and they carried it out and put in its place while I described something of what would have happened and the significance of it all for us.

I had some very positive feedback. I don't think any of us will read the Exodus description of the Tabernacle construction in quite the same way ever again!


No comments: