Monday, May 05, 2008

Another day another 'phone

While I wait to reach the point of being able to reconcile buying an iPhone with the hefty cost of the contract you have to use it, and the fact that I really can't actually justify it, I found myself out shopping for a new mobile 'phone for church use. While I'm away on Sabbatical we are going to have a mobile as a contact point.

The best offer I found was for a Samsung E250. It wasn't the cheapest, but it was good value and Ally, my daughter is happy with her Samsung. Being a Mac user, my first thought was, "will it sync?"

It seems as though whilst iSync is a good idea, it's hard to keep up with new 'phone models, so it's almost inevitable that you get the "can't sync" message. The good news is that there's a fix.

I found my fix through a forum, and it didn't cost me anything, which is rather nice! The link is to a translated version of the page, but the instructions are pretty easy to follow.

Of course iSync would be really good if you could synchronise specific contacts using the notes in address book. But you can't have everything... well not just yet.

No comments: