Wednesday, March 19, 2008

iCal default alarm


In Leopard, iCal has a default alarm setting, the only problem being that the default sound really doesn't get your attention. This has been a bit of a frustration for me, so I decided to see if there was a way around this and find one I did. 

On the Macworld site there is a hint that shows you how to change the default alarm sound for all new appointments. You can find the article here.

A word of warning, for some reason, although I typed the command line for terminal exactly it didn't work for me. I don't know enough about Unix to know what I was doing wrong but it rejected the -/Library... string as an invalid path or file. Perhaps there was a subtle error I was making.

Anyway, in the end I downloaded the trial version of plistedit pro and that got the job done nicely. I now have a more attention grabbing alarm for my reminders.

No comments: