Sunday, March 30, 2008

A healthy church


I've begun looking around for material to help support us as we take a look at roles and responsibilities within the new leadership team. I mentioned Purpose Driven and Natural Church Development in a previous post. I also came across some ideas from the Evangelical Free Church of America to do with church health. I'd rather not assign jobs simply on the basis of what needs to be done. Instead we should do at least some strategic thinking first.

If Rick Warren is right that the biggest challenge for the 21st century church will be church health not church growth, then church health is surely an important factor in shaping leadership teams.

I also downloaded an assessment pack called Taking the Pulse of the church from Christianity Today and I hope to get hold of Fit4Life, something my local Baptist Association has just launched.

We've also used a Willow Creek resource to produce a personal spiritual goals assessment pack for use in church, something I hope to launch in the near future. Whether people will take it up is another matter.

If you know of any other tools out there, please let me know.

No comments: