Saturday, March 15, 2008

A synchronised life

I recently bought a new mobile 'phone because I wanted to enter the world of Bluetooth. The long and short of it is that I'm thinking/planning to change my car and many of the newer model come with Bluetooth installed. So, buy a Bluetooth 'phone I thought.

Now the logical course would have been to get an iphone, and believe me I'm all for being logical. The problem is that in the UK there is only one cellular provider you can use and they lock you into a £35 a month contract for the privilege. I'm not about to start spending £35 a month just for the iphone when I probably don't actually spend £35 a year on my mobile anyway.

So I needed an alternative and decided to stick with Nokia and go for a simple Bluetooth version. I ended up buying the 6085 and it works a treat. The only problem was that when I tried to synchronise it with my Mac, it wouldn't work. Imagine my horror when I checked out the Nokia site to see a whole list of 'phones that would work and the one model so obviously missing was the one I'd just bought!

The upside of this story is that last night, with a little help and encouragement from super-mac techy David, I found a solution which is working fine. I can now synchronise my contacts and calendars between the Mac and the 'phone thanks to James Lloyd who should be hailed as a hero!

I am now one happy sychronised baptist minister. The question is: will this help me not to miss appointments?

No comments: