Sunday, October 31, 2010

Missing notes

Something very odd happened at church this morning. For the first time in 20 years of ministry, my notes disappeared at the end of the service. Now I've had times when someone has asked if they can have a copy of my notes and I've happily given them away, but I've never known anyone help themselves without asking!

Very odd.

The thing is, that for the most part, my notes make sense to me, but they might not make sense to anyone else. While I don't write shorthand notes, I don't always include every detail. And there are often typing errors and syntax errors that I correct as I speak. Then there is all the extra stuff one adds as one speaks.

This morning my notes included a whole page of stuff I didn't even use. So I wonder what whoever took them has made of them. I hope they've found them helpful.

No comments: