Thursday, July 17, 2008

Cleaning the closet

As we continued to sort through our accumulated paraphernalia, today was the charity shop run. Knowing we were going gave a little impetus to having a quick rummage through the wardrobe. 

I really should be able to fit all my clothes in the one wardrobe and chest of drawers, but I can't.  Due mainly I suspect to being unwilling to get rid of certain items. Things I might wear again one day. However, "one day" is rather unlikely to come around any time soon. 

I also have this habit of taking old clothes and declaring them "work clothes" as in clothes to wear when doing jobs around the house. This pile of old clothes grows and I suddenly realise that I have more "old jeans" than new ones. 

So, having sent some stuff to the tip and some to the charity shop, tomorrow may be a day to have a sort through the work clothes and narrow that pile. I may also get rid of the original packing boxes for my camera that are in the bottom of the wardrobe!

No comments: