Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Strength and courage

Today's Bible reading was 1 Samuel 30. A key phrase that stood out was: "But David found strength in the Lord his God.

I then opened up my Desiring God devotional and saw that today's reflection was about "pressing on" from Philippians 3:13, and yesterday's reading was Isaiah 40 under the title "New Strength"! Blackaby observes:

At times you may feel so worn out and stressed that you are not sure you can take another step. you may seem to spend all you time running from crisis to crisis and to be constantly giving your time and energy to others. Your Lord wants to renew your strength and enable you to enjoy the abundant life He intends for you. The key is to wait upon Him to do so.

Do you think God is trying to tell me something!!

Now I ought to stress here that I am not running from crisis to crisis and I am not constantly giving my time and energy to others. I do not feel so worn out and stressed that I can't take another step. But I can't ignore the sense of pressure that comes with a new ministry and I'm grateful that God knows my needs and reminds of where to go for strength.

What is it that Psalmist says:

I lift up my eyes to the hills—
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.

Psalm 121

No comments: