Monday, February 02, 2009

Water filters, Dyson filters, flea treatment and noticeboards

Whilst getting breakfast this morning, I decided it was high time I changed the filter cartridge in our water jug. Two things struck me. 

First, how come I never think of changing the filter more often? I checked in the cupboard and we have a good 18 months supply of filters! I keep buying them but forgetting to use them. Oh well, another item for the kitchen notice board.

Secondly, it's a bit worrying, if you want to worry about such things, that you have to discard the first two jugs of water filtered before its "Okay" to use. Now for something that's meant to take impurities out of the water, how does that work?!

Anyway, the job is done while eating toast, and I now have a reminder on my noticeboard to change the filter in a month's time. Actually we have a short list of regular things to do on our noticeboard as well as an area for shopping items. We find it helps us get the things we need when we shop rather than the things we think we need. It's everyone's job to write down items on the list and it's a wipe clean board so we can erase those items as they are replaced.

And much to their horror, there's even a reminder to give the cats their flea treatment! Oh the deep joy of some semblance of organisation!

No comments: