Sunday, December 07, 2008

Sunday best

It's been one of those Sundays when you never think you're ever going to stop. I knew it was going to be busy, but I'm so tired I can hardly focus my thoughts at all. 

It started with a baptism. It's been some time since we've baptised anyone, in fact I can't remember the last one. It has been a fallow time. 

I went into church this morning to check that the heating was on and the place was warm. I decided to add a little extra heating but forgot about the limited wiring and as soon as they switched the urn on, the fuse blew. Half the electrics went out in the church. Not good 20 minutes before the start of the service. Fortunately I know where the fuses are and how to fix them, so I did that.

Power restored I could get myself ready.

The baptism was great. I love to hear the personal stories of journeying towards faith that are part and parcel of these events. When its just one person the story can be as long as they like because there is no queue of people waiting in line.

After the baptism it was home for lunch and then pack up the car with all the equipment needed for our first ever event in Shortstown. Confession time, I get quite stressed at times like this. Hopefully future events will be better coordinated but in the end it went pretty well and folk enjoyed it. And we had quite a few people there who are not connected to church. 

Tomorrow there's stuff to tidy up but tonight it finally time to relax and start thinking about next Sunday. Being busy just seems to be part of the December package.

No comments: