Thursday, December 25, 2008

Bemused and BeTwittered

For a few days I've been tweeting about problems with BeTwittered on my MacBook. For some strange reason it stopped working on the MacBook but worked fine on the iMac

Occasionally in the past I've had problems, particularly when there's been an update to Safari, but that's predictable. This time it just seemed as if Safari was looking in the wrong place for the application. 

The solution turned out to be really simple, so if you're a BeTwittered user, this may be helpful.

If you're getting a login failure and when you try to logout and back in you get an application not found message, then this is what worked for me:

Reset Safari (Safari ); enable cookies always (unless that's your default setting); refresh iGoogle. This should take you back to the BeTwittered login. Login and it should be fine. 

Don't forget to reset your cookie handling.

And yes, I am doing this on Christmas Day, I was just waiting for the in-laws to arrive and now they have!

No comments: