Wednesday, August 09, 2006

The wonder of God's mercy

The wonder of your mercy Lord
The beauty of your grace
That you would even pardon me
and bring me to this place
I stand before your holiness
I can only stand amazed
The sinless Saviour died to make
A covenant of grace

Justice is getting what you deserve. If you want justice, then God will give you justice.

Mercy is not getting what you deserve. If you will forgo justice, then God offers you mercy. God does not punish us as our sins deserve (Psalm 103)

Grace is getting what you don't deserve. I don't deserve his love but I receive it as the free gift it has always been.

Today is a great day to live in the grace of God.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ever since I heard this song back in ´2003 whilst volunteering at my friend's bookshop, It has never left me. I am grateful to God for the gift of song he's put in people to express what we often think,feel and crave for but cannot express, dsceribe or share.Thank you Lord for the real wonders of your mercy.
Sam from Chafford Hundred,Essex