Monday, August 28, 2006

Does God still love me when I …

If you are at all like me, then you’ve asked this question in some form or another at some stage of your life. If you’re very like me, then you’ve asked it at least a 1,000 times if not more. Somehow it’s always a struggle to accept that God loves me. That when God says, “I love you”, that’s the end of the matter. There are no if’s, no but’s and no whatever’s when it comes to God’s love for you and me.

I need a regular reminder of this truth because everyday the reality of God’s love gets chipped away at in my heart. Things I do, things I say, things I don’t do and things I don’t say, eat away at my beloved status before God.

So here’s a favourite reminder of this simple truth for all of us who need to remember:

No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Rom.8:37-39)

No comments: