Monday, March 26, 2012

Two new apps on my iPad

I recently downloaded a couple of new apps to my iPad about fitness and nutrition. The first is Myfood from Pomegranate Software.

This was a free app to download, but the real value seems to come when you unlock it (only £1.49) and can access more information and you get rid of the ads! I haven't fully explored it, but it does look helpful for my nutrition studies and it might be worth a look even in its free form for anyone interested to see what's in their food.

What I like about what I've seen so far is the clear information you get. It would be nice if you could re-order the foods by diet type, but that a fussy thing for those of us that want to be able to see where to get say vitamin B12 if you don't eat meat or dairy.

Then again, I don't think it is meant to be that flexible or comprehensive, but it's good as it is.



The second app is Fitness Planner:




This looked interesting and it actually is quite interesting but probably only to someone keen enough to do all the work of entering data and leading a well ordered and disciplined life. I'm not sure I fit into that category, so I'm not sure it's going to be as useful to me as it might be to someone else.

If, on the other hand, you are planning some serious training and need a schedule then this might be the app for you. Again there are areas that you can unlock, but I haven't done that yet.

Of course there's still MyFitnessPal that I mentioned some time ago as a useful food tracker and diet analyser.

These are not the only offering out there, and if you're using an app or web-based fitness and/or nutrition resource, I'd like to know more about it!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: