Monday, January 17, 2011

Who's to say?

I've been quietly annoyed ever since I read a comment about someone being a challenging preacher even though they hadn't had any formal training in preaching. I remember the times we had some apparently very good preachers come to college to show us how it's done. I'd like to think that it was the artificial nature of the circumstances that made these events less than inspiring!

Maybe one day we will describe someone as a challenging preacher despite their formal training.

Rant over.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Richard said...

I was worried that my little rant might have caused offence but it really did grate with me that we could even hint that it's the training that makes the preacher and not the anointing. The training might make the communicator, but it can't make the preacher!

Fortunately the first comment, via Facebook, was positive! I stand by my comments.