Monday, November 22, 2010

My 100-day challenge

So, I finally made it to my 100th day and by about lunchtime I'd completed my 10,000 steps for the day.

The statistics are as follows for the 100-day challenge:

Total steps: 1,260,290

Estimated distance: 630 miles

So far, from August 1st the distance walked is a fairly impressive 698 miles.

What most pleases me is that I've walked more than 10,000 steps everyday. No cheating. No doubling up one day to make up for a missed day. Just everyday, 10,000 steps.

Not quite sure what to do next. I feel like I ought to have a day off so that I don't become overly obsessed with counting steps, but then there's another part of me that is obsessed already! 1,000 mile would be a good next target, or maybe the distance from top to bottom of the UK, about 1100 miles.

At the current rate that would take me into the New Year, around January 16th at a rough guess. So maybe that's what I'll do next. I'll also need a new pair of trainers!

No comments: