Sunday, May 02, 2010

Phil. 4:4

Rejoice in the Lord always, I will say it again: Rejoice!

One thing I've noticed over the years of reading the Bible is its insistence on worship. Never once have I read a verse about worship that says I will worship God when I have more time or when I'm feeling up to it. No, the Bible calls us to worship in every situation.

In fact so consistent is this call to honour God with our worship that I've come to the conclusion that worship is always a valid response whatever the situation. Paul had certainly faced his share of hardship, yet he calls the Philippians to a lifestyle of rejoicing.

So maybe at some time today, right now wouldn't be a bad time, make the conscious choice to rejoice. It may not feel like the thing you want to do , but it is the right thing to do.

No comments: